You already know about the many different fitness tracking devices for people, and now there is one for your dog! The Dogtra IQ StarWalk is a motivator for you to get your dog (and yourself) to be more active. The Starwalk measures:
You can set goals for your dog each day and keep track of the goals through the App you download onto your phone. The Starwalk is a small star-shaped device that runs on a rechargeable, Lithium-Ion battery and fits comfortably onto the collar of your dog. It is compatible with many Smart phones.
Maybe you want to set alerts to remind you, or whoever may be caring for your dog, to give medication, or that a play date time is approaching. The Starwalk has six lights that are customizable to meet your needs. The light or lights will flash when an alert has been set. You will also receive a notification on your phone, so it is almost like your dog is texting you!
The activity levels that the Starwalk measures includes activity by rest, walk and play. Rest means little to no activity, walk is a moderate-paced movement, and play is intense activity. Your dog’s data is represented in 2-hour increments. You can view all the data by day, month, or year.
The Dogtra Starwalk is an exciting new way to get motivated to be more active and fit with your dog!
Traveling with pets by car is so popular that cars like the Honda Element have a pet package available and are commended for their pet-friendly design! Keeping your car clean and your pet happy when traveling will make your journey hassle-free.
1. A spill-proof bowl. This is key. Pets need to stay hydrated during travel and this item will ensure that the water and food go into the animal, rather than onto the floor. Two examples of spill-proof bowls are:
2. A good chew toy is a must! The bully stick is a fantastic item to keep dogs busy for hours. They are available in multiple lengths and even come odor-free!
3. A multi-functional leash will allow your dog to have the run of the back seat, yet you won’t have to worry about him causing trouble. Kurgo makes a leash that is also a zip-line for the inside of the car. Great idea.
4. A booster seat helps the small dog see out the window. Companies like Solvit and Snoozer make comfortable seats that can be used with or without the car seat belt.
5. A pet stroller will make it easier to navigate your final destination with your pet. A lightweight, easy to fold, fit in your trunk kind of stroller.
Some days there just isn’t enough time to take your dog out for a run. On those occasions, hopefully they are infrequent, the Fetchtastic Automatic Fetch Machineis the perfect go-to toy. This toy is exhaustion in a can. It can hold 15 tennis balls and launches one 12-24 feet every 7 seconds. It weighs 6.2 pounds, so it is portable, and it has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
On days perfect for bike riding, why not take your pet? A bicycle trailer for pets is fun on wheels. Pet bike trailers come with all the parts you need to easily attach to your bicycle and away you go. There are trailers for very small pets and trailers that will carry up to 165 pounds. The bigger trailers are perfect for one large pet or multiple smaller pets. A pet bike trailer has a safety tether inside and a comfortable pad on which your pet can rest. They all have mesh around the sides so your pet can sniff and check out the outdoors. A bike trailer is especially useful after your pet is tired from using the Fetchtastic, or if he is old, disabled or injured.
If your gift receiver is planning to take a trip with a pet, then a book about traveling with pets is a perfect idea. The most recent book out from AAA is called: Traveling with Your Pet. Users report that the book is well-organized and detailed about where to stay and what to do, nationwide. Another book idea is Following Atticus,which is a true story about a man and his beloved pooch, Atticus, and how they climb all 48 of New Hampshire’s 4 thousand- foot peaks during the winter. They did this to raise money for charity while also honoring a friend who recently died. This book gets rave reviews by all who have read it and it is sure to please any pet owner.