Pet strollers are available with one of two types of wheels: air-filled or EVA foam. E.V.A. stands for ethylene vinyl acetate and is simply a sturdy, molded plastic. Let’s take a closer look at the two types of dog stroller wheels.
Advantages of EVA tires include:
- Lighter weight than air-filled tires, which is beneficial when folding and carrying the stroller and when stopping a moving stroller
- They don’t flatten
- You don’t need to inflate them or replace them
Reasons to choose air-filled tires:
- Traction on uneven road is better with air-filled tires compared to EVA
- The stroller is easier to maneuver off-road with air-filled tires
- Air-filled tires provide a smoother ride than EVA
- In some strollers, having heavier tires makes the stroller sturdier
Some people prefer the smoother ride for their pet and better traction when off-road, with the air-filled tires, while others like the idea of not needing to maintain the tires and managing a lighter weight stroller. There isn’t much maintenance with the air-filled wheels, however, and some strollers include a portable pump.
Examples of air-filled tires on pet strollers are the Pet Gear Jogger, PetZip Happy Trailer, the Solvit Houndabout, and DoggyRide trailers.
Examples of EVA foam tires on pet strollers are Pet Gear AT3, PetZip 1st Class Jogger, PetZip Monogram and the KittyWalk Original SUV.
Find these and many other pet strollers at PerfectPetStroller.com