Posted on

Keep Your Pet Away From These Foods

You are familiar with the warning that chocolate and other foods with caffeine are not good for the health of your pet, but also be aware of these foods:


Xylitol is the artificial sweetener found in chewing gum, candy, toothpaste and mouthwash. If dogs ingest a large quantity of this substance, they may vomit, be lethargic or appear to be uncoordinated. Low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia may result after an ingestion. It is best to seek the help of a vet if you find that your buddy has feasted on a pack of your gum or got into a tube of toothpaste.

Ingestion of Grapes and/or Raisins can result in sudden kidney failure for dogs. You might see your dog vomiting or appearing more tired than usual. This is another time when you will need to have your pet seen by the vet as soon as possible.

Pets are naturally curious and some are downright mischievous! This is just another plug for awareness. Don’t leave the candy on the kitchen table!


Stroll on into winter with a Pet Stroller from

Leave a Reply