A bike trailer is a great way to take your dog along with you on your workout. Dog bike trailers will easily attach to just about any bicycle frame on the market. There are bike trailers for the very large dog and also more compact trailers for the little dog.
Two companies that make bike trailers for the dog over 100lbs are DoggyRide and PetEgo. They have many similar features, but also a few that separate them. Specifically, we’ll look at the DoggyRide Novel and Original trailers and the Comfort Wagon medium and large trailers.
How they are the same:
- The Novel and the Comfort Wagon both have lightweight, aluminum frames, with the Novel weighing 30lbs (the Original is 38lbs, but does not have an aluminum frame) and the Comfort Wagon weighing 38lbs (39.5lbs for the large size).
- Both cabins can function as a pet crate in addition to a trailer.
- Both carry pets weighing more than 100lbs (Novel and Original max at 11olbs, while Comfort Wagon can carry up to 165lbs.
- Both can be converted to a pet stroller with the purchase of a stroller kit
Features of the DoggyRide Novel Trailer:
- Cabin size: 31.5″L x 21″W x 25.5″H
- Includes rain cover and leash set for two dogs
- Wheels are 20″ push-release, air-filled tires (larger tires enable a smooth ride)
- Head rest inside the cabin
- Available in two colors (Original only comes in Red)
Features of the PetEgo Comfort Wagon:
- Cabin size: Medium (34″L x 18″W x 22″H); Large (35″L x 26″W x 24″H)
- Four door entry options with zippered sides
- Durable, claw-proof mesh
- Removable sunroof
- Waterproof cabin floor
- Strong suspension for smooth ride
- 16″ air-filled tires
Both of these companies make quality pet bike trailers that will be sure to meet your expectations. Your decision is about the features that are most important to you and your best friend.