Solvit Pet Products, based out of Arlington, Texas have been manufacturing products including bike trailers, ramps, lifting aids, car seats and cat play structures for 10 years.
One of their most popular items, the Houndabout Bike Trailer, has a brand new design. The frame is made of rust-proof aluminum, and the cabin has been redesigned so your dog will have better visibility and more “headroom”.
Using a bicycle trailer to exercise with your pet eliminates any guilt you might have about enjoying the outdoors without your buddy! The trailer comes folded up and assembly is not labor intensive. The tow bar attaches to your rear axle and you’re ready to go. The medium trailer, with 16″ air-filled tires, is for pets up to 50 lbs and the large trailer, with 20″ air-filled tires, is for pets up to 110 lbs.
Both Houndabout II trailers can be converted to a stroller in about a minute. The aluminum stroller kit, consisting of a padded handlebar, swiveling front wheel, parking brake and cup holder, must be purchased separately from the bike trailer.
For the best selection and prices on Dog Bike Trailers, visit: http://www.PerfectPetStroller.com
Traveling with pets by car is so popular that cars like the Honda Element have a pet package available and are commended for their pet-friendly design! Keeping your car clean and your pet happy when traveling will make your journey hassle-free.
1. A spill-proof bowl. This is key. Pets need to stay hydrated during travel and this item will ensure that the water and food go into the animal, rather than onto the floor. Two examples of spill-proof bowls are:
2. A good chew toy is a must! The bully stick is a fantastic item to keep dogs busy for hours. They are available in multiple lengths and even come odor-free!
3. A multi-functional leash will allow your dog to have the run of the back seat, yet you won’t have to worry about him causing trouble. Kurgo makes a leash that is also a zip-line for the inside of the car. Great idea.
4. A booster seat helps the small dog see out the window. Companies like Solvit and Snoozer make comfortable seats that can be used with or without the car seat belt.
5. A pet stroller will make it easier to navigate your final destination with your pet. A lightweight, easy to fold, fit in your trunk kind of stroller.